Louise is a fully qualified, specialist Speech and Language Therapist with 20 years experience.
I completed my undergraduate degree in Linguistics in 1997.
I then qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 2001, obtaining a Master of Medical Science (MMedSci) degree in Clinical Communication Studies from the University of Sheffield. I am now a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice, and am registered with the Health Care Professionals council.
Prior to working independently I worked within the NHS assessing and treating pre-school and primary-aged children. I have worked in community clinics gaining experience in a broad range of speech, language and communication difficulties and also have experience working in special schools with children with a range of mild to severe learning and physical difficulties.
Since qualifying I have continued to develop my skills in accordance with requirements set out by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists and the Health Care Professionals Council.
I have specific training in the following therapy techniques:
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCI)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Lidcome Therapy (for children who stammer)
- Derbyshire Language scheme
- New Nuffield Dyspraxia Program
- PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets)
- Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation
and have attended training in the following areas:
- Motor speech disorders (September 2007)
- Semantics and word finding (October 2007)
- Down syndrome (November 2007)
- Primary Care (May 2009)
- Differential diagnosis of ASD and other related conditions(February 2010)
- Sentence Processing (September 2010)
- Caroline Bowen: Speech Sound Disorders, The Basics and Beyond (March 2011)
- Working with deafness (November 2013)
- PROMPT - Introduction (December 2015)
- PROMPT - Bridging technique to intervention (December 2016)
- Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation (November 2017)